Sunday, August 29, 2010

Banana Split Cupcakes

So, one of the girls on DC Cupcakes made a Banana Split Cupcake, and I thought, that looks yummy, I'll bet I can make that! So I consulted my best friend Google, and found a recipe for a banana cupcake, just by adding 2 mashed, ripe bananas to a boxed vanilla cake mix. FYI, that is my M.O. I aspire to be the Sandra Lee of cupcakes, always starting with a box if possible. Audrey is the Martha Stewart of cupcakes. I'm good with that. Anyway, I made the cupcakes per directions on the box, adding a small box of vanilla pudding and a cup of sour cream to the mix.
After the cupcakes were cool, I made a hole in the center with and apple corer.
Then I filled the hole with hot fudge topping. Out of a jar. Thank you Smuckers;)
I frosted the cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting, then drizzled them with more of the hot fudge topping, sprinkled chopped walnuts on them and added a cherry.

Pretty on the outside....
...messy, but nommy, on the inside!

1 comment: